In This Issue: January-February 2017
Burnside Gorge Community News:
January-February 2017 | Vol. 31, No. 1
- IN THIS ISSUE -
- Jan 16: Community Meeting - BGCA is seeking feedback from the community on development proposals for 735 Queens Ave and 2816 Irma st. As well, an update on the current development at 2915 Douglas st will be presented.
- A BIG thank you to all our donors, volunteers and community partners for a successful holiday season of family Christmas events and programs.
- Good Food Box now available for pick up through the Burnside Gorge Community Centre.
- Snakes and Hedgehogs and Kittens - oh my! OSC Exploration Day.
- Own Your Block: paint-out kits are available to remove unwanted graffiti from BC Hydro poles.
- Smile all year round with a Thrifty Foods Smile Card!
- TRY IT FREE -
This annual campaign of free sample classes takes place between Jan 2-15 at participating Victoria recreation and community centres.
Here's the line up at the Burnside Gorge Community Centre: Spanish Beginner; Prenatal Yoga; Groove; Zumba Gold & Yoga; Magic with Watercolours; Zumba; Strength, Conditioning & Balance for 60+; Chair Yoga.
See pages 3-7 of the BGCN for full details.
- VOLUNTEER WITH US -
- Jan 7 & Feb 4: Friends of Cecelia Ravine Work Party
- May 27: Selkirk Waterfront Festival
- FRIENDLY REMINDER -
Did you get your photo taken with Santa at our Pancake Breakfast in December? Pictures are now available for pick up at the Front Desk.
If you have attended the Breakfast in previous years and didn't pick up your photo, we may still have a copy - give us a call at 250.388.5251 or drop by the community centre.
Read all about it! - click the e-News PDF link here:
|BGCN Jan-Feb 2017 e-News V3.pdf||3.51 MB|